Friday, October 15, 2010

It's a Gift or a Problem??

Today, My boss told me that by next year SMB team will have a very huge changes. He wants me to in charge of the team (much bigger team). He loaded me with lotsa responsibility. Taking care of the tele sales team, handling all his customer and mine as well, payment from customers, calling report from the team, sales figure blah blah blah. He told me that he will talk to finance bout my commission scheme. He told me that he wanna give me a BB or Iphone. This really worry me. The more he give, the more he expect from me.

.

I told him I don't want to handle such big responsibilities. I told him I just wanna do my own sales and not taking care of any of the above. I told him I want to do something that doesn't need to meet quota. He just look at me and smile. He says I can do it.... ask me to help him out. What have I got myself into? Why did I choose to be in sales line at the first place? I hate doing sales, I hate quotas, I hate to lead and I hate lying the most!! To become a successful sales person, you have to tell white lies. To be a successful leader, you have to lie as well. Besides that, you have to make sure your team members are happy working with you, likes you, willing to grow with the company, you have to buy their heart etc etc. I HATE IT.

.

I just want a normal and simple life and a job that can support my living. I am not a workaholic. I am not like Annie that can sacrifice most of her time working. I remember asking her, career and relationship which one will she choose... guess what?? She will choose CAREER. Which I don't think I can do it. Hmm... useless hor? really 无大志. I don't need/want a high position job or job with great title. I just want to do something that I am interested in. I was thinking to myself.. die, die this time sure die... can I cope with this huge responsibilities? Can I handle those stress that are coming my way? Will I quit half way thru? How? How? HOW???

.

While I was fighting with my feeling, the below is what I got from FB a moment ago...

.

Horoscope of the day...
.

"Something in your environment may have had a noticeable change that you pick up on today, Virgo. This is the sign of the times and shows that your key to success is in adjusting to changing circumstances. You may have to make an adaptation or two, but these are opportunities that may lead you toward something new. The scheme of things has changed and you need to identify your place, rather than resisting this change and expecting the worst. It's a gift, not a problem."

.

It's a gift, my dear... A gift. Not everyone will have the above opportunity. I am very lucky that someone out there think that I can do it and believe in me. That appreciate me. Yeah... instead of expecting the worst, might as well face it and do it with all my heart. There is no turning back ever since I choose to be in sales line 10 years ago. Believe in myself.... I can do it. Have faith in God. HE WILL MAKE A WAY!!! He will create Miracle...

10 comments:

Casendra said...

comment comment...

Casendra said...

Hahaha... take it lah, waste time enough liao. Aim for your white christmas, work hard, play hard!

FaiTh said...

Casse, congratulations!!!!!!!!!you are now the first to comment!!!! wolf dont dare to comment before you... muahahhahahaa. scare u merajuk again!!!

Casendra said...

he is the one who said u got new post ok...

Lonewolf said...

Hahaha.... at last I can speak my thought...

You said your life is boring, so here you are... something laid before you to spice up your life... go get it!

The Princess's Diary said...

Pls be optimistic and u can do it, you gotta start believing in urself! (will pull ur ears tonite, pls remind me, thx)

Casendra said...

heheh... she believes in herself one, aja MALAS!!!!hahahahahahahah

FaiTh said...

HEY, both... give some face can ar?? I very soft skin wan...

Wolf, you can always comment first wan ma. no need to wait for Casse... she damn slow wan... take her ages to read my blog... ppl rather "bow mou mai chok"

Casendra said...

Ya la Ms Abalone, told u liao mah i like batang one ok! blek :P

Jeff Tan said...

a comment competition?? no wonder that day wolf laugh so loud la!
faith... give it a try.. belum cuba belum tau, sekali cuba mesti mau.. haha :) All the best!!