Saturday, October 9, 2010

Message From God

"Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you become quiet and listen to God. You've learned how to talk and ask well. Time to learn how to listen and hear, because God has been answering you."
.
Every night I will pray to God and ask him to bless my Mom and Dad to have a happy and healthy life, may they have long life. I will ask God to bless my sisters, my brothers, nephews, nieces, brother in law and my relatives. I will ask God to look after all my beloved friends so that they can live in peace, happily without much worries. Lastly, I will ask God to bless me... After receiving the above msg from God randomly from FB, I notice that I only ask, ask, ask and ask. It's time for me to listen and hear what he wants me to hear rather than just asking.
.
Same goes to my daily life... I like to talk very much, as well as asking question... why, who, how, what, when etc etc. I think now its time for me to learn to listen to people and hear what they have to say. I remember reading a book Happiness Now from Andrew Matthews, in the book he says... "When we are desperate to be heard, we shout at people. And the louder we shout, the less they hear. Strangely, the opposite works. People pay attention to us when we LISTEN." Just like when I talk and talk non stop, people don't tend to hear me... but when I keep quite and listen, they will start to pay attention to me and ask me what's wrong with me, what is going on etc etc.
.
Think God is really answering my question by telling me to Listen and Hear rather than asking and talking non stop....
.
Really gotta pay attention and start learning...

6 comments:

Lonewolf said...

Hmm... wondering if I'm one of your beloved friends. If yes, then I can tell you that your prayers did get answered. Last Friday night I was caught to work on a tricky problem but I managed to solve it rather quickly so I can enjoy a peaceful weekend... Ain't me lucky? ...or was it luck? I am thankful for the blessings showered on me.

FaiTh said...

Wolf... you are definitely one of my beloved friends. And I am sure God will look after you.

It's not only luck la.. I believe its ur knowledge and your brain that help u that night. :)

Jeff Tan said...

how about me? I think I will have great thing when bought the car... but end up... all the things come to me (not only refer my phone la, got other things too).... sigh...
tonight got to bless myself liao.

Casendra said...

all malas sembahyang and mau 'man cheh bin', mieh oh...

Faith, please teach your little pinky pig how to listen also ok. but after he successfully traumatized me... i think... he half learning eh? :P

FaiTh said...

Jeff... of coz u r one of them too... u, casse, wolf, annie, calintz.... all in my prayer...

:) i give u some of my good luck k???

Jeff Tan said...

I feel so happy... now I have the energy again!! :)