Friday, May 1, 2009

Why Are We Still Friends...

We do almost everything that lovers do. And that’s why it’s hard, just to be friends with you. Every time your heart is broken by the fool. I want you to know that it hurts me too. It’s hard to wipe your tears away. Knowing that you should be with me. Now tell me why… Why? Why are we still friends… When everything says we should be more than we are. And tell me why every time I find someone that I like…we always end up just being friends???

What can I do to make you love me? What can I do to make you care? What can I say to make you feel this? What can I do to get you there? I haven't slept at all in days; it's been so long since we've talked. There's only so much I can take. And I just got to let it go. And who knows I might feel better. If I don't try and I don't hope. No more waiting, No more aching. No more fighting, No more trying.

"Never look back," we said. How was I to know I'd miss you so? Loneliness up ahead, emptiness behind. Where do I go? Even though time may find me somebody new. But you put a dart through my dreams through my heart. You promised yourself; But to somebody else. And you made it so perfectly clear… Still I wish you were here.

You're the one who set it up. Now you're the one to make it stop. I'm the one who's feeling lost right now. Now you want me to forget every little thing you said. But there is something left in my head; I won't forget the way you're kissing. The feelings so strong were lasting for so long. But I'm not the girl your heart is missing. That's why you go away I know.

Hiding from the rain and snow. Trying to forget but I won't let go. Looking at a crowded street. Listening to my own heart beat. So many people all around the world but tell me where do I find someone like you.

Maybe there's nothing more to say. And in a funny way I'm calm. Because the power is not mine. I'm just gonna let it fly.

No comments: