Wednesday, September 22, 2010

中秋节快乐 - Happy Mooncake Festival

To all my beloved family members, relatives, my dearest friends and everyone around the world...

。♥♥ 。 ♥♥ 。
♥。 中 ♥ 秋。♥
♥。。 节 。。♥
。♥。 快。♥。
。。♥ 乐 ♥。。
。*。 ♥ 。*。

月圆圆,人甜甜。祝你越来越有钱。月光光,人双双。祝你心情多放宽。贵人齐,小人离。祝你事事都顺利。祝你“中秋节快乐”!

The Mid-Autumn Festival is held on the 15th day of the eighth month in the Chinese calendar, which is usually around late September or early October in the Gregorian calendar. It is a date that parallels the autumnal equinox of the solar calendar, when the moon is supposedly at its fullest and roundest. The traditional food of this festival is the mooncake, of which there are many different varieties.

The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the few most important holidays in the Chinese calendar, the others being Chinese New Year and Winter Solstice, and is a legal holiday in several countries. Farmers celebrate the end of the summer harvesting season on this date. Traditionally on this day, Chinese family members and friends will gather to admire the bright mid-autumn harvest moon, and eat moon cakes and pomelos under the moon together. Accompanying the celebration, there are additional cultural or regional customs, such as:

1) Carrying brightly lit lanterns,
2) Lighting lanterns on towers,
3) Floating sky lanterns
.
Nice huh? Let me tell you how I celebrate my Mooncake festival day... When to work in the morning, Busy Busy with SO and quotation... Then we go to our mooncake festival lunch with some close colleague. Come back to office and work and work again. Everything is urgent!! From getting the e-license to getting quotation. I am not superwoman wei... I only got 2 hand and a notebook!!! Every quote is urgent and need it today!!! I even got few emails that comes in around 5.30pm and they want it by today!!! Shiat... I wanna go home and eat with my family!!! What do you all want with the quotation so late in the evening? Go home and make lantern with it??
.
By 6pm I pack and leave. Inside the car, I am feeling very sick and feel like vomiting dy. But I tahan till i got home. Run to the toilet and vomit like mad!!! wow... I felt so much better after that. Then went makan with my family. Tried to con my brother to play candles with me but failed!!! Aiks... it's been so long I never play lanterns or even candles. I miss those days when I run around the old house of my grandma with my siblings and cousins. Playing candles, lanterns, burning pomelo skin, coconut shell.. we even burn the newspaper!!! Laughing our head off... those were the days... The kiddo days... When people get older, they are harder to pleased...happy moments become lesser and lesser.
.
After dinner, my parents goes to bed and my brothers watch TV in the living room. As for me, writting blog lor... sending sms to my friend and msn-ing lor... what a day huh??? But... I am very grateful that I still got chance to spent time with them. I hope this will last for many many more years to come. By next year, Baby Aiden will play lantern and candles with me!!! wahahhah... can't wait.


~Happy Mooncake Festival Everyone~

4 comments:

Casendra said...

hahahah.. i saw your pale pale face yesterday...

FaiTh said...

ya... I was so sick. feel so bad. luckily i can tahan till i got home... else ur car sure habis!!!

Lonewolf said...

Work until vomit!? This is madness... you must learn to strike a balance. Nobody gives a sh*t even if you fall sick rushing their quotation...

FaiTh said...

wolf i dont think its the quotation that make me sick. might be the coffee that i had during lunch.