Monday, August 23, 2010

Picnic @ My house veranda

Last Saturday, as usual my sister bought Baby Aiden back to my house. She left after having breakfast with us. Mom and I take turn to take care of Baby Aiden. At around 5pm, mom wanna cook dinner and I was taking care and playing with Baby Aiden. Suddenly my mom run out to the living room and tell us that she smell something burning. We search high and low to see where the burning smell comes from. And then my bro notice that there is smoke coming out from the main power switch. At once my mom asked my bro to switch if off. I told my brother not to use his finger to off it and pass him a pencil instead.
.
I can still see the smokes coming out from the switch. Mom was yelling to me "bring baby out!!!bring baby out... fast fast" I was shocked. Quickly I hold the baby and run out to the veranda. Mom called my dad and ask him faster come home to see what is wrong with it. While mom talking on the phone, I heard small explosion (3 times) I was like OMG!! OMG!! Please don't burn down the house. Dad was back within minutes and while dad was fixing it, mom go prepare dinner.
.
My sister and husband reach 30 minutes later. And since dad is still fixing the switch and dinner is ready, I ask my brother to take out the table and chairs, cutlery, drinking water and mom serve the food (fried rice + dry chilies chicken) there. While we are enjoying our food there... Baby Aiden was sweating and all he can do is looking at us eating. Poor boy. I told my sister, we have been living here for more than 10 years but this is the first time we have our dinner outside and she agree. She added... If anyone asks us why are we having our dinner outside... we just tell them we are having picnic here instead of out of electricity. Hahahahaa... It was fun. Whole family outside at the veranda having dinner. First time in my life. It feels so warm...
.
I use to take my family for granted when I was young. Always argue with them, always fight with my siblings, Always think of going out and enjoy myself. Always giving myself excuses that there will always be time for me to spent with them. Until my little sister marry and shifted out from my house, until my little brother goes to Langkawi for 3 months. I see my mom and dad alone at home, eating dinner by themself, going out shopping alone... only the two of them. It hurts me so much. It makes me cry... And I tell myself, they are not young anymore and I should spent more time with them before it's too late. Now, every Saturday will be my family day... I wish my family members healthy and long life. We do not need to be wealthy... All I want is them to be happy and healthy. God bless them...

6 comments:

Lonewolf said...

I'm begining to like your writings. It has texture and I can really catch the feelings your are trying to convey.

God bless you and your family.

Casendra said...

Yeah...Adeline grown up! :) You're always good, should have take photos of the picnic! hahahaha

FaiTh said...

Lonewolf: Thank you. appreciate that. will try to improve more...

Casse: I was too happy enjoying myself and i forget to take picture. But it will always be in my mind... :)

Jeff Tan said...

thanks god.... :)
I found my parent old when the time I came back from Aust. it gave me a warning to my heart and since then I will spend time with them, bring them to holiday, bring them to some good food, and show them I am pretty fine. Without them need to worry about me.
But I really envy you that still can live together with your parent. Because I no longer stay with them after my high school (except there is short period I work in hometown). I dunno how to describe this kind of feeling because my English is not so well.
Btw, god bless you.

FaiTh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FaiTh said...

Hmmm... dunno whether still staying with them is a good thing or not. Good is because home is always the best. but... it also mean that no one is willing to take me away from them :(

I understand what you are trying to tell. As long as u got go back once a while and see them, show them u care n love them... then its very good dy.

God bless you all too!!!