Monday, August 16, 2010

Simplicity

Simplicity is the best; they said. But why do we tends to complicate things? My life is very simple when I was young and before I join IT line. When I was young the world is a much nicer place to be in. I have a very warm and happy family (even tho my mom goes coo coo sometimes... but I know she nag and nag is for my own good). My dad loves my mom very much. Very loyal and a trustworthy man. So to me the most important things that I see in a man is loyalty and trustworthy. I was talking to Lonewolf last Friday during our drinking session and he told me that this type of man already extinct and it's like looking for a dinosaur. And I asked him... what about you? And he told me that he can't be sure of that himself as well. Sigh.
.
Oh, back to my life before I join IT line... To me, when a girl and a guy falls in love; they will be together... after a few years they get married and have kids and they live happily ever after. But this dream of mine shattered when I step my feet into the world of IT. I see different different type of people. Married men out looking for girls (vice versa), guys with girlfriend flirting like crazy with another girl (vice versa), guys with few girls at the same time (vice versa as well) and many many more.
.
And I started to think what on earth is happening to them? Why can't they just be grateful on what they already have? Why do they want to do things that will hurt their loves one if they happen to find out? Why do they want to break their promises to their loves one? Won't they feel bad when they do this? Can't they imagine what is the consequences they have to pay for it? Is it worth it? Just for a night of fun and end up with nothing left for them? I wonder.... I guess "Happily ever after" only happen in fairy tales. And fairy tales doesn't exist in this complicated world anymore.
.
Maybe this is the reason why some people choose to stay single.

7 comments:

Casendra said...

You sekali offended all the men and double offended the men in IT line...hahahahaa

Jeff Tan said...

Trust me... if you join other line, you will see the same things.
"happily ever after" is very much depends on both person. But I believe there is no person's life is always and constantly filled with happy(same as couple). Life will have happy, sad, pain, proud, warm, tired, and much more. And this is called "LIFE". Only this "LIFE" will make one shining and complete.
No matter what men or women you met before, never lose the faith and guts.
Instead looking for loyal and trustworthy men, looking for a partner who can "complete" you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Princess's Diary said...

can totally relate to the post, hence whr am standing today *smilez* It is a very subjective and disputable topic, as thr's many issues surrounding it, like define 'loyalty' and how do u draw a line, where do they stop? At times, we may feel jaded with the continual ignorance. Regardless, our life is our choice, let's choose to be happy, wheeee :)

Lonewolf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lonewolf said...

Shock to the heart, and ur to blame... you give IT, a bad name...

FaiTh said...

WAHAHHHA... Lonewolf, you not only very good in writting emo stuff ... u r very good in composing and changing lyrics too!!!!