Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Tales of 3 Hearts and a Mickey Mouse

I received the first heart during our lunch in Bayu Timor. Me, him and another colleague went there to have lunch. While waiting for the food to come, he pulls out the piece of paper from his cigarette box and start folding. He asks us what we want him to fold… and I said dolphin!! He smile and say no. And he continues to fold. Again he asked, guess what he is folding, I said I dunno which is a lie. I know what he is doing but I pretend to be stupid. My colleague replied… heart. He smiled. After finished folding the heart, I thought he will give it to my colleague but instead he looks at me and says… “Nah, give you”. I was like “huh, for me??... Thanks” and I kept it in my handbag.

2nd heart is when we have dinner with a group of colleague in a Chinese restaurant somewhere in PJ. As usual, he just pulls out that piece of paper and start folding. This time he just put in on my hand… I was surprise and I quickly close my hand so that the rest don’t notice it. Then he said “haiya, give u also no use. I’m sure u will lost it” and I told him I won’t.

The 3rd heart is the most memorable one. He is going to HK for Christmas holiday with his family. I told him I wants souvenir... I want MICKEY MOUSE!!! He said NO!!! You gotta earn it if you want it. So whatever he asked me to do… I’ll do it for him. Like taking water for him, throwing rubbish, throwing his cigarette ashes etc etc. Before he left for his plane, I send him sms reminding him about my Mickey Mouse. He didn’t reply. Time pass so slow without him around the office. Finally he came back to work on Friday, I asked him bout the Mickey Mouse. He said he didn’t buy coz he can’t find it in HK. He said he didn’t go Disneyland and there isn’t any MM in the entire HK!! I told him it’s ok coz I didn’t expect him to get me anything. I asked him to teman me go pay parking fees in B1 which he agrees. We went down and smoke before we pay the parking. He asks me to take out my hand… which I did and he places his empty cigarette box onto my hand and asks me to throw for him. I said no coz he didn’t get me the MM. He said he tried to find but can’t get. I told him, too bad… then u gotta throw it yourself. He holds the box and was trying to get something out of there. Took something out and gave it to me… it was the 3rd one. I told him I don’t want this, I only want MM but deep down in my heart…. I SMILED…

Weekend comes and goes… sigh… I hate Monday. I hate Monday. As usual, I reached office at 8am dragging my legs to walk to my cubicle. On the way I saw there is souvenir on my colleagues table… but there aren’t any on my table!!!! WTF??? How come I don’t have??? I was thinking to myself, this gonna make my day even worst… open up my drawer to put in my handbag… there I saw this MM plastic bag. Took it out and open it… a Mickey Mouse looking at me with a broad smile. I smiled back… even broader… :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CelineW :Leave eveythg behind, bury all the past and move forward. There are so many thgs in stored for us in life, enjoy it...

FaiTh said...

i know... am trying to do that... and i think so far im doing kinda well. this is just for remembrance. as you know i am getting older and older now. memory not good... :P